Voice Lessons from a Hybrid Ambassador - a blog ring that took a stance on a polarizing book promotion on She Writes.
Dialogue2010 at expat+HAREM - the 10-person roundtable discussion that sparked a year of conversation, comaradarie, and creativity.
60 Secs of Holiday Cheer
With just a few hours to spare on this side of the world for the New Year, squeeze in sixty seconds to watch this little video interview I did for She's Next on Family and Traditions from Anywhere.
Compared to last year, when I did a big holiday dinner and had lots of guests, we had a very quiet Christmas. In some ways, it was kind of a relief not to try so hard this year and to enjoy new little traditions of our own.
My New Newsletter
I took the leap and created a monthly newsletter called The Art of Cultivating a Creative Life. Sign up here for the newsletter! Inside will be offerings on creativity, art, and writing, plus a section I'm calling Creative Life Picks with links to articles and posts like this month's list below:
Creative Life picks for December 2010
- The clue to Justine Lee Monk’s The Secret Ingredient to a Strong Writer’s Platform? Big Meaning.
- Are you a writer? This pick has 10 Steps and 417 Comments.
- A hybrid design/multimedia/creativity thinker gives us Another Look at Self-Actualization.
- Who are you? Nilofer Merchant ponders the question in Rogues, Misfits, or Heroines?
- Karen Woland invites you to Declare your Indescribable Beauty.
- The post that started it all one year ago this month: Mapping the Imagination. This piece for expat+HAREM sparked a year of conversation, creativity, and camaraderie, and the 10-person roundtable discussion, Dialogue2010.
In January, I'll be moving my blog from Blogger to my own site (yeah! cheers!). I've been moving my portfolio site to the same website, too, so it's been a learning curve in terms of bringing all these things together. I'll make the announcement soon, but www.rosedeniz.com will be the hub from January onward.
Wishing you and yours a healthy, creatively abundant new year!